Gallbladder Nutrients by Seeking Health provide a unique blend of five key nutrients and nine supportive herbs designed to support the gallbladder and liver in healthy bile formation and flow, to help facilitate proper fat and fat-soluble nutrient digestion and absorption.
Bile production is constantly taking place in the liver. The biliary system (including the gallbladder, liver and bile ducts) functions together to produce, store, and secrete bile into the small intestine where it is largely responsible for the proper digestion and absorption of dietary lipids.
Bile formation without bile flow is only half of the equation. Likewise, bile flow without bile formation is generally not useful. Those with compromised bile function are often struggling with both formation and flow, yet many gallbladder formulations support one without the other.
As a part of the normal digestive process, healthy bile production is important for:
- maintaining overall health,
- nutritional status,
- normal energy metabolism,
- and supporting a healthy balance of bacteria in the small intestine.
✓ We're Here To Help! 0345 60 61 301 Mon-Fri (10am-4pm)
✓ FREE UK SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER £30!
✓ 5* Reviews Our Customers Love Us!
✓ Same Day shipping on orders placed before 1pm
Those with SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) or other forms of dysbiosis may greatly benefit by supporting their bile formation and flow, as bile acts as a natural antibacterial in the small intestine.
Bile acids, including cholic acid and chenodeoxycholic acid, are major components of bile. A series of enzymatic reactions in the liver produce these bile acids and conjugate them with either glycine or taurine to form bile salts. In the small intestine, bile acids and salts form micelles by surrounding very small droplets of fat and emulsifying them. This important action enables pancreatic lipase to effectively digest the fats into smaller fatty acids which are then absorbed into the body through the small intestinal epithelia. Because bile is essential for processing and digesting fats, it is also needed for normal absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
Gallbladder Nutrients by Seeking Health offers a combination of five key nutrients and nine supportive herbs designed to support the gallbladder and liver in healthy bile formation and flow.
Gallbladder Nutrients contains the following ingredients, designed to support both bile formation and flow via the following benefits and actions:
- Glycine and Taurine are the building blocks of bile salts, which are necessary for bile formation.
- Choline helps facilitate the production of phosphatidylcholine, a major component of bile that may help to reduce the risk of gallstones. Gallstones are often made from cholesterol which can occur when there is a deficiency of phosphatidylcholine, which should exist in a 10:1 ratio with cholesterol. Vegans, vegetarians and people consuming diets low in protein are commonly deficient in choline.
- Betaine Anhydrous supports the formation of additional phosphatidylcholine via methylation. Phosphatidylcholine formation consumes nearly 80% of ALL methylation reactions! Thus, supporting bile flow uses up a lot of methyl donors which must be replenished.
- Magnesium can help support gallbladder contractions which aid in the release of bile from the gallbladder.
- Milk Thistle is a powerful antioxidant that may help to support the liver in producing bile salts and delivering them to the gallbladder.
- Bitter herbs including Burdock Extract, Artichoke, Dandelion Root and Bupleurum are included to help support healthy liver bile secretion. Bupleurum is a bitter herb known in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as the 'free and easy wanderer', helping to reverse liver congestion and restore flow to stagnant Qi (energy).
- Ginger is famous in Chinese medicine for helping to enhance the effectiveness of herbs that are taken together. Ginger is also warming, which helps stimulate digestion.
- Peppermint can provide support for common digestive problems like gas, nausea, bloating and digestive cramps, while stimulating digestion and bile production.
- Slippery Elm and Marshmallow Root are added to help soothe and protect the intestinal tract.
Gallbladder Nutrients should be taken directly before, during, or just after a meal and never on an empty stomach.
We recommend starting slowly and working up to the suggested use of one scoop, twice daily. When starting out, you could try taking a quarter scoop of Gallbladder Nutrients in half a glass of filtered water or beverage of choice with your evening meal. If well tolerated, consider slowly tapering up to the suggested use of 2 scoops daily mixed in filtered water or beverage of choice. Dose may be divided into 1 scoop twice daily with afternoon and evening meals.
Common side effects may include mild cramping, nausea and gas. If this occurs, skip a day and the following day, reduce the amount taken by half. Ensure you're taking Gallbladder Nutrients with ample food. Continue monitoring your bowel movements and symptoms, adjusting dosage as needed.
Choline may increase sense of alertness and focus. If you experience difficulty falling asleep, utilize Gallbladder Nutrients during the day and not within 5 hours of bedtime.
Do not use product if tamper seal is damaged. Do not take Gallbladder Nutrients if pregnant, allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients, or currently experiencing gallstones or acute gallbladder issues. Consult with a qualified healthcare provider before taking this supplement if you are breastfeeding or planning to use with a child.
WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.