- Product Description
- Usage Guide
Human milk oligosaccharide (HMO) is a super prebiotic occurring naturally in mother's milk. Today, fermented HMO delivers all the benefits without any actual human milk in the product. PureHMO® Prebiotic Powder contains 45 one-scoop servings of 1950mg each.
- Promote Healthy Gut Microflora: HMO prebiotic powder promotes the growth of probiotics like Bifidobacterium and Akkermansia Muciniphila.
- Improve Immune System: HMO are more effective than traditional prebiotics (GOS, XOS, Inulin FOS) in stimulating innate immune system, blocking pathogens & reducing inflammation.
- Support Cognitive Health: Unlike other probiotic prebiotic for adults, HMO metabolites promote brain development, neuronal transmission, and cognition.
Does this contain real human milk?
No. Layer Origin HMO is technically something referred to as HiMO, which stands for Human identical Milk Oligosaccharide. It is produced via a complex fermentation and precise purification process and results in a powder that is molecularly identical to the HMO that is in human milk. All the benefits without any human milk involved.
Can I take this if I'm lactose intolerant?
Yes. Research has shown that many people with lactose intolerance can tolerate up to 12 grams of lactose in one sitting, which is approximately the amount in one cup (230 ml) of milk. Layer Origin Nutrition recommends a HMO serving size of 2.0 grams to start— therefore — even people with with lactose intolerance should be well below the limit of what they can tolerate, if they follow the recommended dosage.
Should I take HMO with or without food?
Believe it or not, it doesn't make a difference either way. This is because the HMO will not be digested the way that food would be digested. HMO makes its way undigested through your body down to the lower intestines, where it becomes the food for probiotic bacteria. So take HMO with food or without food. Either way is fine!
|Serving Size: 1 scoop|
|Servings Per Container: 45|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
|Human Milk Oligosaccharide 2'-Fucosyllactose (98%)||1950 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Contains: Trace amount of lactose (milk)
Free from: Eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, and wheat.
- For best results, please take half a scoop per day with your drink of choice (water, milk, coffee, juice, etc.) in the first 3-5 days and increase to 1 scoop per day as directed by your healthcare professional
- Do not exceed 3 scoops per day